- Type of Tour: Private Family Tour.
- Minimum: 1 person
- Start and end point of the Hike: Your Hotel Cusco
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Closed: February only
- Recommended months: May to November sunny
- Physical rating: Good conditions
1 DAY: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - Cusco
Get ready to start an unforgettable adventure!
Our staff and the private driver will go through by your hotel in Cusco at 4:00 a.m. and then transfer you to the Ollantaytambo train station. Take the Expedition Train that departs at 6:10 a.m. and travel for 1 hour and 17 minutes to Km. 104 of the railway, where your professional guide will be waiting to welcome you and pass the control point of the 1-day Inca Trail.
Start your hike visiting the archaeological site of Chachabamba. Then, continue on an uphill path for 3 hours to the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna, where you will have enough time to explore and have lunch.
Then, from The Sun Gate, admire the beauty of the landscape and the impressive panoramic view of The Inca city of Machu Picchu.
At 2:00 p.m., with your Professional Guide, begin to discover the hidden secrets of the enigmatic city and at 5:30 p.m., take a bus to Aguas Calientes to enjoy a delicious dinner.
At night (8:50 p.m.), take your return train to the Ollantaytambo station. Upon your arrival, our staff will be waiting for you to escort you to your Hotel in Cusco. Arrival in Cusco at 11:30 pm.
- Maximum altitude Inti Punku (Sun gate): 2720 m.a.s.l / 8922 feet
- Trek Length: 10.5 km / 6.5 miles
- Hiking time: 6 - 7 hours
End of our service
Included / not Included
- Pre-departure explanation meeting.
- Private round-trip transportation between Cusco hotel and Ollantaytambo Train Station.
- Round-trip Expedition Train tickets between Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu.
- Admission ticket to the 1 Day Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- A bus ticket between Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes.
- High-level professional English-speaking guide.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Food: 1 lunch (box lunch) and 1 dinner. Vegetarian option (no extra charge).
What's Not Included?
- Porter for personal equipment
- Travel insurance. Please, you must take out your travel insurance at least for the duration of your adventure.
- Walking sticks
- Accommodation in Cusco
- Flight tickets
- Tips (optional)
- Be in Cusco at least one day before the tour.
- Make the booking in advance.
What you should carry in your small backpack
- Carry passports or another document with which you made the reservation of the Inca Trail
- Mosquito repellent
- Camelback or water container (plastic bottles are not allowed)
- Waterproof jacket
- Rain poncho
- a hat or cap
- Medicines and personal items
- Extra money (PEN)
Prices 2019 through January 31, 2020.
The 1 Day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is only done in Private Service (family group). The price varies according to the number of people traveling together. Includes travel on The Expedition or Voyager Train and these trains depart from The Ollantaytambo station at 6:10 a.m., 6:40 a.m., respectively.
|Number of People You Book With||Price is in US Dollars|
|1 Trekker||USD 490.00|
|2 Trekkers||USD 399.00 per person|
|3 Trekkers||USD 375.00 per person|
|4 Trekkers||USD 349.00 per person|
|5 Trekkers||USD 330.00 per person|
|6 Trekkers||USD 315.00 per person|
We Offer USD 30 off.
- For University Students under 25 years old. They must present a CARD made of PVC material and must contain the following: name of the university, name, and photo of the student and the effective date must be valid at the time of the hike. Also, for children from 8 to 17 years old.
- Exclusive discounts for children under 8 years and organized groups of travel agencies.